A beloved, stick to the ribs comfort food in our house is simply prepared oxtails and/or short ribs. Want to look like a genius cook without the degree from CIA? Check this out:
- Purchase fresh beef oxtail and/or short ribs – salt & pepper generously
- Slice up a sweet onion and place in bottom of slow cooker
- Place oxtail/short ribs on top of sliced onion
- Top with one jar each of Goya Sofrito and Recaito
- Cover and cook on either 6 hours high or 8 hours low
Serve over either rice, yucca, spaghetti squash, polenta, whatever! I (almost) feel guilty that this is both so easy and delish!